MXrider27

Jan 20, 2006
ok this might of been answered a lot but I was just looking for a brief explanation on how to get started racing. I have been riding wind I was 8 a d am now 20, never raced but really want to I just never had time with school and work- finally have the time- I have a good amount of tracks within an hour of range from me I'm in the northwest burns out or Chicago-everytime I'm at a track rcers see always telling me I should race Ns I definitely wan to start- a. How do I get started and b. Am I too old to expect actually having a chance of getting pro out of this? I just picked ip a 99 kx250 full procircuit hook up aftemarket suspension, carbs, wiseco pistons everything yu can think of I figures it as set up nice to get started and if I get into it good then I'll spend the money on a new 250f. Thanks

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
A. Check out your tracks website and show up on a day they list they race. Bring money and all the usual stuff you ride with.

B. probably not ever going to go pro.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
If you're looking to race in north & central IL, almost all of the races are through AMA District 17. Below is the site with all of the info you need (race schedules, links to the tracks, classes offered, etc.). To race, you will need an AMA Card ($39) and a District 17 Card ($20, or $15 if you bought it before March 1st). You can buy them both when you sign up to race at any track, or you can buy them before, with the info online.

http://www.amadistrict17.com/

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
I have never seen anyone start out that late and turn Pro in Motocross. Bob "Hurricane" Hannah didn't do his first race until he was 18 and look at the legend that he became in Motocross. I do know of a guy that started out in Enduros at 29 and became what is the equivalent to Pro in that sport.

Yeah just head out to the Track way early. Sign up for a Beginner Class Race, buy your Day Pass or a Years License that day of the Race, bring your Riding Gear, Extra Pre-Mix, Extra Money and A Friend (incase you wreck so bad they need to drive you home. I am being serious), and DO IT! Go for it. I can't wait to hear how you do.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom