MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Well, after nearly a month to the day, I get a phone call from a farmer down the road that they may have my bike.

After making a positive ID, it's has been returned home.

It was truly a lucky thing. Burried in his field covered in corn stalks. If a guy walking to the fishing pond hadn't spotted something green, the farmer would have hit it today with the combine and that would have caused un-told damage to both.

The SOB's rode it hard, removed most of the stickers, bent the shifter, but it doesn't appear to have been dry gassed. (I was told by the farmer it still runs) but I'm going to drain the tank, tear it down and take a look tomorrow...

So, sometimes ya just get lucky. :yeehaw:

-MD

OLD-N-SLOW

Nov 21, 2000
Now, if you can just find the s.o.b. that took it and beat the snot out of him........well maybe thats too much to ask. Boy it sure would feel good though.
I am really glad you got it back. I look forward to seeing an update on her condition.
I hate thieves!!
Steve

ninjaman

Feb 10, 2002
My boss had his kdx stolen also this spring. Later found it too.
Cost him 1500 to fix it back up.
seat tore,teeth missing off of the drive sprocket, chain stretched,2 cycle oil in the burp bottle and no oil in the gas, they must have seen the bottle there and thought it was oil injection of something. So needed engine work, rear fender gone, handle bars tweaked, rear rim bent.
But he got it running and sold it for 1700.
He has a KDX 220 now and I beleive it is a house bike now. I dont think it ever spends a night out in the garage anymore.

MDA

May 27, 2002
Getting your ride stolen would suck. Glad to hear you were able to recover it. Threads like this make me happy to pay my insurance....

-Mark-

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
:thumb: :thumb:

Now be careful parking your old flame next to the new blue flame. Your KDX is probably thinking 'how could you!'.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Right now they are aptly seperated :) I'm thinking the safest place is locked in the trailer, and it's full. (Have my dad's bike too, he seperated his shoulder last ride :scream:)

Tip: when you're 56 don't try to keep up with the 24 year olds, it isn't worth it, hell when you are 36 it'd damned difficult!

The Kawi is spread all over the barn at the moment, if they come back they'll need a few boxes :)

-MD

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
most glad to hear you got the bike back...i had a 2000 TTR-225 stolen last year, and have yet to see it. hopefully the a-holes that took it know nothing about bikes, because i had blown a relay in it that day, so it wouldn't start (electric only no kick)....course then they probably just got more p.o.'d and threw off a cliff!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom