Goodbye 4 Stroke Hellooo Yz125

murf007

Dec 16, 2008
Yes I did it after not riding for about ten years I thought I would keep up with the times and buy a 4 banger :coocoo: Well yeah I hated it; nice bike but it was heavy hard to shart hot and oh yeah expensive to maintain. I got to the stage with this bike that I didn't want to ride it because I knew that it would on average cost me about 50 notes in maintenance every hour of running time!!!!!!+ the normal running costs.

Put it up for sale and scored myself a 2008 yz125 and hello world I remember why I like riding bikes again. Light weight easy to maintain.

I wonder when someone will bring a direct injected 2 stroke onto the market.................? that will throw a cat amongst the pigeons.

Murf

Apr 22, 2009
i know yamaha and honda had direct injected 2 stroke outboard motors... zook may have too, id really like to see that. 4 strokes are complete and utter nonsense to me. Direct Injected 2 strokes can be cleaner that any 4 stroke... look at the emissions and efficency on the evinrude etec (2T) outboards. They blow away the competitors 4 strokes.

murf007

Dec 16, 2008
There must be some clever bugger out there that can adapt direct injection tech from outboard motor onto motor cycle

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I really need to research the direct inject 2 stroke some more. I've begun to study some deisel and it's quite intriguing. I like the idea of being able introduce fuel AS it's burning. Hopefully KTM makes it esily tuneable or smart enough to tune itself.

wictor

Jun 10, 2009
Well we all hope that it's true that KTM will make DI 2 stroke because that would mean 2 stroke comeback!

Many people i know switch to 2 stroke lately and they have been 4 stroke riders for very long. I've always been more 2 stroke guy, i don't like 4 strokes because i can't feel the bike like i feel the 2 stroke.
I'm just better with 2 stroke :D

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Even if it's true I doubt it will be 100% in the early stages. It may even end up like the outboards. We'll have to wait and see.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…