Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
yeah i park by the canel so i can take a soak when it gets hot or go to the beach(under the hwy 8 overpass) nice and cool there

Mar 12, 2004
which overpass? Gordons Well Rd or Gray Wells Rd.? What is the current like in the canal? I was thinking of taking a trip myself, and if swimming is an option, I think I'll go.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
the overpass (the beach) i was talking about is where hwy 8 goes over the main (all american)canal it's inbetween gordon wells road and gray wells road (near test hill).
we dont camp there, we usually like to load coolers and chairs in my buddys truck, we ride over and hangout for a few hours, the current is pretty mellow right at the shore line but i gets quite fast the farther you swim out.
the canal we park next to is concrete and has steel ladders every 100 yards or so, we tie a rope across the canal so ya dont get swept away ;)
it will be HOT but the water is nice and the heat is not bad if you can get wet.
and if it gets real!! hot i'll turn the ac on in the trailer and have a card game.

Last edited:

Tripin

Jan 4, 2004
I will be there, Im off friday so should be there friday night, I need to find a trailer first or Im only bringing the CR and blaster. What are the restrictions with stickers and all that?

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
i believe there is an out of state stickers you can get but i wouldnt worry about it, you have a out state licence and both your bikes are old.
try and get a trailer so you can drag my 200x out :), can you get both the blaster and cr in the back of your truck?? is becky coming??

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
chris go buy this
http://www.americansandassociation.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15883

this is not the same trailer but gives you an idea of the inside
baja-18-int6.jpg

Tripin

Jan 4, 2004
See thats just it, I still have a CA liscense but am a NV resadent. You have to love the mil. Ya I should be able to fit the blaster and CR in there, If not Ill just bring the blaster out. Im not so sure I should be ridding with my back all screwed up any how, it seems tpo be getting worse. But anyways ya Beck is comming so it will be a long drive with 3 of us in the truck but we will be there :).

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
thanks for the offer but the 200x is in las vegas, really dont think ya want to pick it up :)
cool....... we be using training wheels this trip, im bringing my 250r and my other 200x.

hey Tripin.......
any way you can barrow the boss's trailer?? or tell him to join us let him drag it out :laugh:

Tripin

Jan 4, 2004
Wish I had the cash for that baja toy hauler. that would be nice. Nope looks like we might be getting a trailer so I should be bringing the blaster and the 200X, like I said Im not sure Im bring the CR or how much 'real ridding' I will be doing cause of the back. But you know it sounds like alot of fun to bring the CR out so who knows. Wish me luck on the trailer, most likley wont get an enclosed but were going to look at them today. See you out in the sand box.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
get what you want and dont settle for anyting less, you'll be bummed later if you do
and get something big enough, if you think it's big, go one size larger, you'll be glad you did later.

Tripin

Jan 4, 2004
Well we found what we wanted a 6X10, pretty sweet trailer all the tie downs are already instqalled. it has the Air Vents I was looking for since it will me my garage till I leave vegas and dome lighting. The best part of it is that it totally matches my truck all black... But anyways looks like Ill have all 3 bikes out there with us weither I ride the CR or not will depend on my back. We should get the trailer in about a week, just in time for the trip. see you there.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
woo hoo good news! do i need anything for the 200x?? oil been changed lately? air filter ok? no flat tires.?? let me know if it needs anything

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
How far is Gorman from San Diego
were not going to gorman, (though it is an awesome place to ride) were going to Gordons Wells.
it about 150 miles from san diego,pretty close to the arizona boarder, well worth the trip for a long weekend! come join us !! ??

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Oooops. I meant Gordons. I appreciate the invite but I won't be able to make it. Believe me I'd like to.

I've read the ride reports of it and I have to go someday.

thanks for the info

Tripin

Jan 4, 2004
You know that 200 always needs tiers . but naw Im going to change the oil, plugs, Air filters and drain gas on all 3 bikes this weekend so we will be ready to go. Right now my delima is getting the brakes on my truck fixed, the stupid ABS and brake light came on :( but other then the tires I think the 200 will be ready to go. I might clean it up a little (rust and dirt), but unless you have another set of paddles its ready.
Does anyone have any comments on putting a in-line fuel filter on bikes? I have one on my blaster Im going to replace and was wondering if I should put one on my CR and the 200???

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
the stupid ABS and brake light came on
check the fluid, might be as simple as that,make sure you put in the right DOT type fluid in,theres allot of different types now.
i have two set of paddles im taking, 1 set for the 250r and a set for a 200x or we can throw them on the blaster?? the 200x you have has the low profile chevron type tires right?? so i will have an extra pair of large chevron type tires, we can trade between the bikes.

Tripin

Jan 4, 2004
I have a set for the blaster, the paddles I have on the 200 right now are gone, there isnt much tread on them at all so anything would be better then they are now ( slicks). And my brakes are squeeking so Im pretty sure there due I mean it has 70000 on it Im sure its due. I just hope its not to costly.

Top Bottom