Graphics Kit Question

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
My graphics kit came today and i am looking to put it on sometime soon... But i heard you cant put them on in cold weather or they don't stick very good, Is this true?

:ride:

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
Take your plastic off, wash it good, and bring it inside a day or two before you put it on. Problem solved. But i havent heard anything about the cold weather and sticking so I cant really answer your question.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'd think that trying to work with cold plastic & cold decals would just make it a lot harder to bend the decal onto the plastic, but I doubt that it would have any effect on how sticky the glue is.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Indy is correct, working the graphic into the contours of the plastic would be difficult in the cold. Listen to JDMX and bring the plastic inside.

inotocracy

Apr 22, 2008
I recently got a monster graphic kit in, and its been damn cold around here. I pulled off the shrouds and did the work in doors. I use a hair dryer to heat up the plastics (after I cleaned them thoroughly, and I mean thoroughly!) and then rubbed soapy water over the plastics and applied the graphics. Then I used the friction from my finger tips to rub the decals into place, as another member suggested, and after a bit of rubbing they become more flexible. I then ran the hair dryer over the decals and rubbed them out a bit more, and let sit in doors for a day. Worked like a charm!

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=169781&page=2

Just be sure those plastics are good and clean.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…