Graphics Removal And Installation

mdmx

Jan 3, 2003
Whats the best way to remove old graphics from a motocross bike and prepare the plastic (including scrathes) for new graphics? What's the best way to install new graphics?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Heating the old graphics up with a hair dryer makes them easier to remove.

Contact cleaner (or Windex or WD-40) is a good way to clean up the excess residue. Just make sure to wipe off any oily substance, like WD-40, before applying new graphics.

I use Windex on the back of new backgrounds/graphics during installation. That way you can slide the graphics around a little bit until you get them lined up right. Then begin from the center (or one side) and smooth the grahpics out with your fingers. Use a credit card to squeeze out the extra Windex. The graphics will also be easier to work with if you heat them up first (like sit them in the sun for a few hours). And a hair dryer will "seal" down small edges on the graphics, too.

Make sure to install graphics on warm plastics and in a warm place and let them cure for 24 hours if you can for the best results.

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Nikki's got it. And if for some reason a small edge doesn't adhere, cut it off, rounding the edges, so nothing catches on the corners.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I did something similar to what nikki did when installing the back grounds on my bike. I just used a very small amount of liquid dish soap and diluted it down with water it should be mostly water. Then I lined up the graphics and squeezed out the excess water under neath then to finalize it and make it adhere I used a hair dyer to heat'em up and to make'em adhere. It worked great and they turned out excellent no bubbles, crinkles and they are lined up perfectly.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Rubbing alcohol with some water will make the graphics slippery and moveable once they are applied to the plastic. Easy to move around for that perfect fit...

Top Bottom