Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I love it when it comes down to the last race like that, good stuff. Looks like Wilson & Barcia will be a front runners next year, should be another good year.

Congrats to Canard (The other Okie...)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
That's the result I was hoping for. Dang ol' frogs comin' over here and takin' our trophies

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Very happy that Canard won it. Looking forward to seeing him in the 450 class.

Bad luck for Pourcel - he is an excellent rider. I wish Speed had managed to catch the title deciding crash on video.

This was certainly a great year for the 250's. The Geico Team and Pro Circuit were stacked.

Wilson is sensational. Tyla Rattray is also a potential title winner.

I can't recall anyone ever abusing the rev limiter like Barcia. He's hell'a fun to watch, but he and Tomac will have to get more consistant if they want to win titles.

Davalos and Blake Wharton are put in some strong efforts, but they were outclassed this year by the cream of the crop.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Pala track was gnarly.

Best series I can remember.

Barcia will be very tough to beat, if/when he learns how to shift.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
dirt bike dave said:
I can't recall anyone ever abusing the rev limiter like Barcia.
No doubt! :whoa: New valvetrain every moto?

Glad I'm not his nail-biting mechanic :nod:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Barcia, its a honda, it can take it, for 30 minutes plus 2 laps? Think about it, keep it pinned for real, and just use the clutch for adjustment, PERFECT? It sure seems to unravel some? Poorcel, no really. Frenchy aside, I still enjoy the guy racing to no end, and really can not wait to see him on a 450 and hopefully red, sucked about the race, but? The red head had to win, just had to! The Wharton crash was brutal. The scarecrow almost won the last race also, that would have been way cool, a year ago who was Tomac? The same as Wilson! The heel clicker for a finish line win is way cool, but been done before. Does he have a definite country of origin yet? Next year will be great for the 250's, and even greater in the big class! Over all, the new promoters get 2 thumbs up, and the new track in so. Cal, outstanding! No black hard pack track!!! I really hate seeing the outdoor season close, and the brutal wait for the fill in races, but they should be exciting!!! Come on Supper Cross! Vintage Bob

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I thought Barcia was the biggest disappointment of the season, I expected him to be consistently at the front and other than a couple of flashes he was very forgettable this year.

Wilson is the real deal and will be a threat indoors and out next year and he cleared up his country of origin earlier this year letting everyone know he's from Scotland and has lived in Canada for many years and holds a passpport for both countries. He asked the series TV people to identify him as Scottish.

Rattray turned pro in 2000 next year will be his 12th season in the tiddler class perhaps it's time to move up?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I like it when the 'old' guys like Rattray are out there with the young guns. Especially when the old guy is the strongest on the track at the end of Moto 2.

FWIW, Rattray is only 24 (he'll be 25 later this year). His bio says he was one of the youngest riders ever to get on an FIM podium back in 2002. In 2000, he was only 14.

Top Bottom