Grey oil ?

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
I just did a top end job on my brothers new (used) bike-1996 Honda CR250. Started up fine and everything is great except...I went to change the oil and it was kinda grey. Clymer manual says to look at the peep hole under the water pump housing for any signs of coolant or oil seepage. There is none. I just started breaking in the motor and everything else seems fine with no noticable coolant consumption (yet). So whats the dileo?

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
Thanks Radiator Ron! I just changed the oil for the first time today and noticed this. This is the first time we have had the bike out since he purchased it. I plan on changing the oil again after the next ride just to clean it out. I am a maintenance freak when it comes to this stuff...just needed some feedback to the grey oil.

Thanks again!!

mafrif

Mar 2, 2004
I could change my oil every 10 minutes and it would still be grey. Its not a big deal as long as you are changing it as often as it should.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…