Gripper seat covers

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
xtreme-cycle on ebay sells gripper covers for $24 starting bid and $32 buy now. Has anyone tried one of these and what did you think?

TIA
04-200

outrgus

Jan 15, 2003
i purchaced one of these seat cover, it seems very grippy but i have not yet riden on it due to it's winter here right know. the fit was good.

know_fear

May 19, 2000
I've been riding on one of those for a while now. It's held up quite well and really does keep you in the cockpit. I'd recommend it.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I have never tried a gripper seat cover, what are the results on your back side after a long hot ride?

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
kmccune said:
I have never tried a gripper seat cover, what are the results on your back side after a long hot ride?

They help a great deal. Your not sliding all over the place on your seat so you don't tend to strain yourself trying to stay in one spot. Pretty much just sticks you where you are. Takes a ride or two to get used to it though. It really helps when your doing hill climbs.

-Maurice

rhino105

Nov 15, 2002
Love it. Have one on my sons KDX.Their products are great. They also do custom colors and patterns.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Actually I was wondering if they promote monkey butt.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I noticed in their ad on Ebay they state for 95-99 KDX. I assume their database is just out of date. I looked (just to be safe) and the same seat has been used since 95.

This is correct no?

I think I may pick one up too. They have that funky green one that looks quite cool. Probably would get dirty though...

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002

Yeah, it looks like their db is just out of date, you should be fine with that seat cover from 95-04. The KX500 cover that they list should work fine for the 89-94 KDX's as well.

I've not had any problems with monkey butt using the gripper seat covers. The thing that keeps me monkey free is using compression shorts, like the mountain bikers use. Does wonders to prevent it.

-Maurice

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
An auto upolstery shop should be able to dye it any color you want with their vinyl or leather dyes.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…