GBKTM

Nov 13, 2001
I have one made by Enduro Engineering, bought it at my local dealer.
works great and will save breaking your cases if you lose a chain.
I saw a 125SX break a chain, wasn't a pretty picture.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The EE guard is a good piece of equipment. For the 125sx it has three mounting bolts. The bottom left bolt will interfere with the shifting lever if it is too high. It hit mine in stock position. First thing I did was to mill off the lower portion of the guard. It still has plenty of integrity with it gone and it won't hit the lever stock position. Although I did find that after I learned the bike, I moved my lever down from the stock positioning and it would not have hit the guard in that position.

motogeeze

Aug 11, 1999
I wouldnt leave home without one on my 250 sx....you'd think maybe the factory woutd figure out there needs to be somethin more substantial then the stock plastic thing, but I guess the aftermarket guys gotta make a livin as well :D

B

biglou

I'm with Jaybird.

I got mine from EE, also. $30 but they were out of stock so I got free shipping. Only took about 5 days for it to come in. I didn't have any interference problems, though. I am running the stock shift lever in the stock position. Installation is a snap. Three bolts, trim the stock frame guard/drive sprocket cover at the seam, re-attach with a zip-tie and you're done. 15 minute job. Looks very good, too. I think the Erider version would be just as good, BTW.

Top Bottom