happiness is a clean helmet...........

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
Hi guys,

my helmet was getting so dirty and smelly my girlfriend wouldn't even hold it for me........ "hey can you grab my helmet Jacinta" "no, it's just too dirty and smelly" :whoa:

..........so I relented and took out my innards and threw it all in the washing machine on 40c, gentle cycle mind!

It didn't hurt my innards and the difference is simply amazing, my helmet now has that 'as new' smell and feeling. My girlfriend is now very proud of my helmet, I have showed my friends and they are very impressed too and I'm sure in thinking my helmet is now the cleanest :fft:

Question: how do you clean your helmet, I have heard that some guys jetwash theirs, wouldn't this be a dangerous thing to do..I can see why though, far easier!

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
For removable liners, I throw them in the washer on gentle cycle with some Woolite.

Street helmets I wash in a wash tub, also with Woolite.

Both are air dried with NO HEAT.

Matt Fisher

Apr 17, 2002
I take the entire helmet into the shower with me. Remove liner, wash with baby shampoo, then the shell. Thoroughly rinse. Hang liner in shower to dry, leave shell in bathtub to dry, or on sink if other family members are going to be using the shower.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I just take the removable liner out of mine and throw it in the wash, after every ride, with the rest of my gear. Then I set it on top of the drier to dry while the drier is running.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Throw the innerds into the wash on gentle and set out somewhere safe to dry. As far as the shell, that gets soaped down after each time of wearing it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…