Has anyone registered a Kit trailer in CA?

simimi

Dec 20, 2000
Hello all,

I picked up one of the Harbor Freight 4x8 folding trailers and am putting together. Has anyone in California registered one of these 'kit' trailers? Do I just need to go to DMV or to the Highway Patrol for safety check first?

Any advice appreciated,

Mike

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Years ago i had a Harbor Freight trailer, if i remember correctly, it come w/a sticker and all you do is go down too the dmv and they record some numbers off the sticker..
Ricky

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
rickyd said:
Years ago i had a Harbor Freight trailer, if i remember correctly, it come w/a sticker and all you do is go down too the dmv and they record some numbers off the sticker..
Ricky

same here. Not too big a deal.

Kimmylion

Dec 14, 2004
I bought one last year. Make an appointment, take all your paperwork from Harbor Freight, TAKE THE TRAILER, and make sure you put that safety sticker about load distribution on the trailer. I think it goes on the front right side. Check the directions. The first appt. I had I didn't take the trailer and had to make another for inspection. On the second appt. the gal noticed I didn't put the sticker on and thank goodness I had it with me because she made me put it on right then and there.

Kim

Last edited:
Top Bottom