Head Mods - Does anyone have the numbers?

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
I just bought a very stock 220 [to be ridden at high altitude] and want to up the compression a bit. [1] Does anyone know how much is typically "shaved" off. [2] Does anyone know the approximate stock squish clearance and then the recommended reworked squish clearance for this engine? I've heard many reports of KDX 220s running hot and boiling. An excessive squish clearance can contribute greatly to an engine's running hot.

KruncH

~SPONSOR~
Jun 15, 1999
Robcolo,

I feel your pain. I've got a 200 that I'm wanting to up the compression on. I called several people for how much to mill off and it ranged from .016-.030th's. I never could get any info. on the squish band either.

I finally gave up and sent it to Eric Gorr. He knows how much to shave off depending on what kind of gas you want to run and he also knows how to adjust the squish with the TSR software he has. For $30, I though it was worth it.

Hope this helps.

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by KruncH
For $30, I though it was worth it.

Jeeze, I'll start sending my stuff to Gore! I have a shop and my cost is @ $40 for a kdx head cut from our local bike machinist and his work is so so.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom