heavy clutch

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
Guys

The clutch on my 90 E2 200 seems very heavy is this normal?

Do they do a hydrolic clutch conversion?

Any tips for making it lighter??

Cheers

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
I'm assuming that you mean the clutch pull is a little on the stiff side. Mine is the same way. I think its because of the aftermarket springs that in the clutch, being stiffer and stronger than stock they take a little more force to compress. Do you have any free play in your clutch lever?

-Maurice

250RDude

Feb 23, 2003
I had the same problem on my 90KDX. On a recent singletrack ride the clutch cable end parted company. :yikes: not fun without a clutch. Upon replacement the clutch was 100% better, less pull & totally smooth. I lube the cables after every ride & wash now. MY .02

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002

Good point. My clutch cable just broke as well. When I replaced it the pull was a little bit better. Still stiff, but slightly easier. Still its no where near as light as the clutch on my sisters 220 was. And certainly not the hydraulic clutch on her KTM 450 EXC! :-)

-Maurice

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
cheers guys!! Should have done it when I stripped the bike! Ho Hum!

KAWA200'sRule

Mar 15, 2004
You guys should take a look at the MSR easy pull raptor clutch lever. My '85 was very hard to pull in I put that on and it was at least 3 times easier! Also like already was said keep it lubed. The raptor lever is a great buy. You can find it on rockymountainmc.com not sure about other sites but thats where I got it.

bh

Nov 26, 2001
I've a MSR raptor too and it really works. The clutch pull is alot easier than before and I like the shorty lever.

kdxepp

Mar 20, 2001
Even the MSR Raptor wasn't easy enough on my '94 KDX, so I lengthened the throw-out actuating lever,(arm that the clutch cable attaches to at the bottom) by 10mm. I read about this years ago on this forum. Now my lever pull is so easy I can feather it all day, which is required in the tight woods riding in PA.

kdxepp

Mar 20, 2001
It was very easy to lengthen the clutch actuating arm on the KDX. Unbolt the clutch cover and remove the actuating arm. Cut the "exterior part" of the arm about midpoint and weld in a 10mm piece of metal. You'll feel like Paulie Teutel (OCC) when it's done!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…