hehe got the KDX off the ground for the first time today

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
ya "kinda" jumped the KDX today. its wierd because it wont kickstart but it'll run awesome when rolling it down a hill and dumping into 1st gear. but it wont kickstart. and i went to the dealer and they said needs a new top end. ok thats fine cuz thats what i thought it was before. we've checked timing, spark is good, compression might be a little low, and its getting fuel to the carb. cuz after about 20 kicks the plug is soaked in fuel. anyhoo ya i was going up a little side hills in an open area with a few little trails. its got 2 levels. like you come up from the gravel pit and to your right is a good sized sand hill. which goes down before the hill then you ride up it. or you can go past the downhill going to the sand hill. ok then it Y's off both "arms" go up the mt. or you can ride up a few little (like a 7 foot hill, or like a 10-15 foot hill thats sloped. and i was up the trail then coming back down the trail and going up the hill and there is a little tiny jump, thats prolly like MAYBE 1.5 feet high. and i would jump off the side of it. the little jumo itself has soo many ruts in it that you can barely call a jump its more of a pointed mound. its fun for me. i definitely felt myself riding harder than last time i rode about a week ago or so. i was trying to jump more stuff than i was before. i didnt want to ride really aggressive today because of the need of a top end, and i had my running shoes on not the steel toes. all in all it was a fun ride.

Jun 12, 2005
Is it just me or is his explanation of this gravel pit ****ed up? Like your just rambling on about stuff people dont even care about like i dont even no why i read that. But no hard feelings. Good to hear your starting to progress im still a noob too. Theres a jump where i ride like 2-3 ft tall and like 6 ft table top and like 3 ft wide lol but every time i never get air! I guess i just gotta give it more throttle.

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
its a little hard to explain without actually being there. there's lots of loose rocks, and is slippery then hell.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
;) maybe some extra gas fumes floatong out the exhaust..

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
OldTimer said:
They must have some good pot in BC!

Actually, they do.

Good to hear your progressing. I remeber when I hit my first jump. Its on tape. Its allmost depressing to watch.

Top Bottom