Help: bike metal turning cloudy

06yz

May 2, 2006
So I'm a dumpass. I used to clean my bike by spraying greased lightening on a section of the bike and washing it off. I didn't read the instructions, who reads directions, and I should have been cutting the detergant w/ water. My black excel rims and gold suspension are truning white/cloudy, oxidation I guess.? Is there anything you guys know of that I can use on the rims and shock bodies to get all of the fogginess off and and back to thier proper finish? Thanks in advance. :bang: :coocoo: :bang:

06yz

May 2, 2006
come on guys, somebody out there must know something about this. :whoa: :yikes: :( :ohmy:

willyrocket

Jul 8, 2006
I use the same to clean mine, only diluted as per instructions!! If you wanna make it shine again, use ANY brand of tire foam. Only use the foaming stuff though, and dont get it one seat, grips etc. Let it soak a little, then rinse off. Some of the dustier tracks might be a little attracted to the residue, but next time you wahs your bike, it makes it easier!!!! Try it, you will be surprised...

cthowards

~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2006
You may consider trying Simple Green. When I wash my bike, I use a garden hose to spray off all the chucks of dirt and then use concentrated Simple Green and spray it all over the bike. While that is soaking in, I quickly take an SOS pad and scrub the aluminum frame, engine cases and muffler (the SOS pad will remove black marks left by boots rubbing, etc.). If the bike is not that dirty, I will use diluted Simple Green (1:1). Anyways, after about 10 - 15 minutes of letting the Simple Green soak in and do it's job, I then hose off the bike. You will be shocked at how clean the bike will be. For example, all that grime on the rear hub and sprocket from the chain lube (I use chain wax) washes off. The dirt literally just hoses right off. I learned the SOS pad trick from an article in Transworld Motorcross - the Rockstar Suzuki mechanic said that's what they use to clean the aluminum. Also, Simple Green is biodegradable. Good luck!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…