psalm3124

Apr 21, 2005
I'm strongly considering buying a bike from International Motorcycle Brokers. However, because I live in California, I will need an out-of-state Title. What does this mean and what are the ramifications for me?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
psalm3124 said:
What does this mean and what are the ramifications for me?

You will not be able to register it in Kalifornia. No red/green sticker, nuthin', nada, ziltch. :yikes: C.A.R.B. The Calif Air Resources Board doesn't allow them in Kalifornia and has pressured the DMV not to register them at all.

If you only go to private tracks and haul it in a enclosed trailer you will be ok but, anyplace that requires green/red stickers will not allow it. Also, hauling it in the back of a p-u, exposed for everyone to see is not a good idea. If you get stopped on the highway while hauling the bike, the CHP can run the numbers and if it comes back unregistered you got some splainin' to do. If it is in an enclosed trailer, they can't do that.

The money saved by buying a Canadian, New Zealand, etc, etc, bike isn't worth the hassle imo.

Ol'89r

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I agree with the old guy, he's right. Too much of a hassle, not really worth it.

Top Bottom