Feb 13, 2009
Hi, my friend was browsing these forums yesterday but seen as he hasn't got a computer he asked me to sign up and ask some of the members advice on what bike he should be getting.
I have little experience, I have had a few bikes but really don't think I'm qualified enough to answer his question.
Basically, he is around the 250lb mark, about 5'8" and is only 17 years old. I know he enjoys bikes in general because he has had a few in the past, but I think he wants to start to get fit and healthy, lose some weight and start riding competitvely.
He definately wants a dirtbike of some sort, I know he has no real experience with dirtbikes, although I do believe he has rode on the back of a RM125 before in his younger, less weighty days, but thats about as far as it goes I think.
He just wants to have some fun on our local field, which is a mixture of dust, grass and dirt.
Like I have already mentioned, his goal at the moment is trying to have fun until he gets more experience and starts working on his fitness. Then he said he will definately consider competing.

So given his lack of experience, age, Height, Weight and the purpose he wants a bike for (to have fun while learn how to ride on the edge of his limits), what do you think will be the best choice, Brand, Model and Engine size wise.

Thanks for any help it is much appreciated. :cool:

:::MeGan:::

Feb 25, 2009
Well if he wants to compete getta 2 stroke 250 and that should fit his needs right there. U can get them from Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki. Pretty much any big brand. They might not have a 250 but maybe a 230, or something a little bigger.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom