Help, Husky 50

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I (well, my son) have a 2000 Husky CR 50 sr with an aftermarket carb (bigger)
It is a DelOrto BHB619.Stock is a PHVA14. The airboot between the air box and the carb ripped and we failed to notice it for a good hour of riding. Damage to be asessed upon further tear down. So far I took the carb apart and found no dirt inside.
Anyway, back to the airboot...do any of you know where to get this thing?
Thanks
Wolf
Thanks

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Usually people upgrade to the PHB19A. With those you can ditch the air boot and put a Cobra pod filter on. It makes for quick between moto changes.

Since Cobra bought the Husky mini's they dropped their motor in the frame and use it. The Cobra CH2 uses a morini motor and the Dell PHB carb. its quite likely that the air boot from the new CH2 will fit right on. The CH2 is just a Husky 50 SR with the S6 morini motor. I don't stock them because we haven't sold many CH2's since it just came out. You might call Cobra and ask for Biff or Mike. They can give you specifics on exactly what they changed since the acquisistion. the number is (330) 549-9603

Also it seems there was a dealer in Florida that was big in to the Husky Mini's. They might sitll have parts. At least a year or two ago we had to order parts for one and that was the only place that had them. I'll see if I can dig up a name and number.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Thanks for the info!
For now I will try and find the boot to replace.
However, I would be interested in learning more about the PHB19A and filter setup. Sounds like the way to go. How much?

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Well filters are about $17 and the air horn to screw on the carb is $10. A carb is about $130. The whole setup might not be cost effective for what you'll gain. If you take a pic of your carb with the boot off I can tell if the pod filter setup will work on your carb. Or while your at the track talk to one of the Cobra dads and check out there setup. I don't think the performance you might gain will be worth the cost of the entire carb setup.
Now dropping a 3 shoe cobra clutch in your bike is a huge performance gain. That is if you are still running the stock 2 shoe. The polini clutch will work also but you have to machine the arbor. Its cheaper up front but once you factor in the the machining its a wash.
Not sure of your rules in your area but a 60 kit nets huge gains too.

Jason

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Jasle,
I have the 60 kit and the 3 shoe clutch. I think I will stick with the setup right now, until I have more time to research and talk to some cobra dads.
Thanks for you help:)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…