Help! I've got coolant leaking out of the cylinder at the head pipe.

Frank D

Feb 19, 2006
I ride a 04 KTM SX. I lost coolant last season and thought that my water pump seal went bad. I replaced it to find that I continued to leak coolant. I started taking the bike apart and finally traced a steady drip coming from the cylinder at the head :bang: I didn't see any oil blow back in the radiator. Oil is milky.
Is this a head gasket issue, cracked cylinder, or something that only a stick of dynamite will fix?
I am a newby ( as if of you couldn't tell) appreciate any insight you might have.
Frank D

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc.

I am going to move this thread to the General Bike Repair forum so it will get more views.

Grab a spot on the couch, crank up a new post here and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Feb 14, 2006
The only way your going to be able to tell which one of those was causing the leak is by taking the cylinder off and inspecting it and the head for damage. If they both look good it's probably a gasket, atleast that's what I would think.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom