Help Jet settings for 1999 KDX220?

dn9566

Aug 1, 2002
I have a 1999Kdx 220 with a modified air box, a FMF torque pipe and power core II silencer. If I put in Boyseen reeds or a Moto Tassinari v-force valve should I change the stock jetting on my bike from a 42 pilot jet and 145 main jet to a 40 pilot jet and 142 main jet I ride in New England ? Also which is better a Moto Tassinari V-Force valve or a Boyseen Rad valve ?

MichCCCRider

Aug 4, 2002
Just go with the reeds. I've heard the cage doesn't help. My 00 has the same pipe as yours, with power reeds. I'm running 40 pilot, 152 main, Stock needle in the 2nd position. I,m about 500-1000 ASL. Bike Ripps...!!!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: cage doesn't help.

That comment has come from radvalve users. Not from DFII users

1. I found it to be untrue, even for the radvalve. It's better than oem. Not killer, and maybe at the old price of $160 could be considered not worth it. That was more the issue anyway. Under 'bang-4-the-buck', a radvalve compared to a set of power reeds on the stock cage wasn't a real thriller. The radvalve has recently been cut in $ about $40.

2. The DeltaForce II (gotta be a II!!) is far superior to the radvalve.

Power reeds (boyesen 607s) are a good choice for the stock cage. Considerably less bucks, if that's an issue. Make sure you take the oem reed stops off.

No one can tell you what jets to run. Someone else's setup might be close to yours (might not, either!), but YOUR bike has to be jetted to suit YOUR riding style.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…