Help me choose a bike!

krankenstein

Apr 12, 2008
1) your physical size: 6'2/190lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? im pretty physical/aggressive. i use to play college sports, i play club rugby now
3) what do you plan to ride- i plan to ride a lot of single track, a lot of trees, and a lot of hill climbs. maybe race in the future
4) Do you have any riding experience? My dirtbike riding has been very limited. i use to guide 4-wheelers and currently work as a snow-mobiling guide
5) Do you think you will race ? i might race but i am nowwhere near that stage.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I will be able to do some work. I have a friend who has more experience who can help me with technical jobs.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? I don't have any brand preferences, but I would prefer to get a bike that i can get cheap parts for if needed. I enjoy riding 2 strokes... have never ridden a 4 stroke dirtbike but i have ridden streetbikes. I enjoyed the 2 stroke feeling of the dirt bikes I have ridden more.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? I think theres a few dealers that carry yamaha, honda, kawa
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? under 3k
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age? 21
12) I currently own an '90 ATK 406 but I plan to get another bike later this summer. I want something that I can make street legal. My atk is street legal so I don't think it will be a problem getting most any bike street legal. I want something that i can race around (high performance) with because I am interested racing once i am more experienced. I'm thinkin something around a 250 (maybe a 2000 model) would be plenty of bike for me. Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated. thanks

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…