dirtnap007

Apr 19, 2009
Ok heres the deal, i ride quads like a mad man but its just not enough for me i need MORE SPEED!. so im looking at dirtbikes and i hear this and i hear that dont buy this and dont buy that I want a great bike but im buying used, i have a choice between a 2001 CR125 with a few aftermarket parts or a 2002 yz125 that is completely stock, now most would say buy newer but the prices are exactly the same and i like the cr125 because of its aluminum frame and it seems to me more durable, but i also like the fact that the yz125 is newer and it is all stock and has a new top end, both these bikes have new top ends with less that 10 hours on them. whatever right so basically my dilema is A: honda or yamaha? B: buy newer or tricked out C: WHAT DO YA'LL THINK IS THE BETTER DEAL! LOL input would be greatly appreciated
A FEW FACTS:
im 17
i weigh 130lbs
im 5' 10''
im very aggressive
plan on doing tons of trail riding
i do all my own maintenance i Am graduated from a tech center for small engine repair, and i do all my repairs on mine and all my buddies quads. so basically doing repairs is fine by me but i dont want to be doing them 24/7 so im looking for reliability

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!! :nod: :) :fft: :yikes: :yikes:

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
A CR or YZ 125 is a poor choice for a trail bike in my opinion. I say this because I own a RM125. If you are riding trails, get a four stroke.

Top Bottom