Help me find the right bike :)

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
Not to promote defecit spending or anything, Yamaha does offer 6 months of free riding on their card if you have good credit. I think it runs until the end of the year. You don't have to pay anything if you qualify. Just trying to get you hooked on the sport sooner ;) ride now pay later:D

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
well, i have to second the "peeping tom" thing chili just said, but i thought i'd see what you gu...whoops, almost said guys... chicks are doing in here. anyway, i am a 15 1/2 year old 5'8" guy and i started last year at christmas on a 2001 TT-R125L, and it got me hooked. if you only asked earlier, (or if i peeped more ;) ),dang it, i would have had a deal for you, because i sold my TT-R about 3 weeks ago to a german guy for $1600. i was even brave enough to *try* and race it in the 80cc beginner class, and if i didn't get off in the whoops and break my clutch lever i woulda won too. (yeah right :p ) anyway, i was 5'7" and 127 pounds when i started riding, and it was a great bike for me. you made a great choice. just do yourself a favor, don't get the 03 models, especially if you are concerned about weight, they have electric start, which they did NOT need to begin with, and a remote-reservior shock, which really doesn't improve action, THAT much, and it's a hundred bucks more. if you drop your goggles on the kickstarter it will start, for cryin' out loud, j/k. the TT-R is a great choice, plus it helps not to be intimidated or scared your first time out, and i have gotten *ahem* pretty good because i wasn't afraid to take the bike to it's limits, and actually beat a few of my friends on 80's on makeshift tracks, blah blah blah, you'll for sure be doing the same. i even admit it, another chick on a tt-r125L and her friend on an XR200 beat me on the track i beat the 80 riders on. :eek: chicks can ride great, because of their natural slimness. the only reason i'm not a beergut-contest-contender is because i also ride BMX and play football. anyway, off the subject.

I am vouching for the TT-R, because i was the same weight and hight, but less skill level than you when i first rode, and it was a great choice.

have a great Christmas, and i hope you get the bike!!

-Rob

buckwi1d

Dec 2, 2002
My naughty husband snuck one by me and Christmas morning a brand new shiny TT-R125L was under the tree for me!! :)

I was only was able to take it out on my bro-in-law's oval in his yard so far (darn Xmas dinner with the family - J/K), but as soon as I have a chance we are heading out to the trails for some real riding. I can't wait - this is SO exciting!

Thanks for all the advice everyone!!

-Sarah ;)

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Wahooo Sarah :) That's great.
Of course we need a full ride report once you have ridden. Pictures if possible too.
What a cool christmas (and husband) :)
Michelle

buckwi1d

Dec 2, 2002
Thanks everyone! Not only did I get my new bike, but since my family knew it was coming they bought me all the gear I needed, so now I'm all hooked up. Helmet, boots, goggles, pants, jersey, knee pads...I am SO ready to ride!!

Will be back in to report as soon as I get my first big ride!! :) See you all out there!

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Ya know, ya'll don't live that far from Reno... What are you and yer hubby and yer new bike doing on the weekend of February 14-17?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…