Help me make this decision!New bike or new parts?

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
Well im kinda lost here.I have a honda cr125 and Im close to 280 pounds.Now my bike isn't perfect.Yesterday I let my cousin ride it and he fell with in the first 10 seconds.When he fell it dented my header pretty bad!And my radiator is bent also :bang: (but still holds fluid).And I was wondering if I should pay the shop to set the suspension up for my weight with new shock and fork spring?Or get a whole new bike?I rode a 05' yamaha yz450f And I was amazed with how much power they have.I want one sooooooo bad.And the suspension was awesome.I couldn't really feel a weight difference.Except my bike is better for tighter stuff.But with all the power the 450 is pushin I would sacrifice handling for horses.I found a pretty nice 98 yz400f for $2000 It is in really good condition for being almost 10 years old.He babied it.Never raced or jumped!!Ok let me no what you think I will have close to $500 for christmas (my b-day is 12/21/89)thats why so much :laugh: .Should I go ahead and get the work done to mine?Or go ahead and sell it and put the christmas money with the bike cash?Let me no! :cool:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
:yikes: $1100 there is not a single 4-stroke on dallas craigslist that goes for that much.not even a 98 ttr125...lol.I dont no were you live but there is not a single 4stroke thats over 250cc thats under $2000.Take a look on criagslist.Dalas,tx :fft:

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
I would take the $500 and fix the 125, then sell it, and then look for a bigger bike. I dont think anyone would buy it if the radiator was messed up.

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
well its not that noticeable.and dosent effect performance at all.its bent on the side but not that much.Like a quater inch bend.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…