Help me spend $$$ on goodies!

yater

Nov 7, 2003
I haven't picked the bike up yet but since I saved SOOOO much money over the wr250 I was considering, I'm already going nuts on the "extras". I went with the RK x-ring chain, carbon fiber pipe guard from mxdeals<--yeah I know, pricey but oh-so-cool. I've already got bars and guards from my old bike. I need tires--thinking about s-12 rear or 756 for quite a bit of sand. What about a good front? The 773? Also, I think the rear will hold a 120/90-18 right? I'll mess with the valving once I get reaquainted with the kdx. Oh, she's a 2000 kdx200

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
What about an FMF pipe & s/a about $290.00 for the set. Great bang for the buck, will really wake engine motor up, after you get the jetting right.

yater

Nov 7, 2003
Forgot to mention. I've already got the gnarly and power core as well as the stock silencer for national forests

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
I have had 2 sets of Michelins on my bike, M12 front and S12 rear, they work great! I am pretty sure I have a 120/90 in the rear as well. Seems like quite a few people on here run the M12/S12 combo. I mostly ride in sand/packed sand and rocks up here in Washington, not too much mud.

yater

Nov 7, 2003
I went on a late night rampage last night. I ordered the S-12 120/90 rear, the 773 front, the carbon fiber gnarly guard, Utah skid plate...I think that's it for now. I almost ordered the rad guards but thought I'd look for some feedback first. Anyone?

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Devol rad guards are a must have. You ordered the best tire combination there is. Next time (won't be long....rear tires of any kind waer out quick) try the 130/80 s-12.....you'll like it even better.

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
If your looking to spend:

IMS Pro pegs
FRP fork springs
Rapad V fork valves
Steering stabilizer
Hand guards
Alum. bars
FRP bar clamp
Boysen Power Reeds or VForce III
Works Connection rear caliper guard
Works Connection frame guards
Works Connection Rad braces
ASV clutch perch/lever
TM Design works OW chain guard
Trail Tech or enduro computer
RB Designs carb mods

Other parts/brands may be better or more bang for the $, just a start.

yater

Nov 7, 2003
I've got boyessen reeds from the old kdx that I never used. I'm thinking I need rad braces/guards--which one? Also, I don't have the bike yet but would like to have things ready since I plan on lots of riding at the christmas break. I'd like to order the needle that will work best with these mods: gnarly pipe/power core silencer, drilled airbox w/ snorkle out. I had replaced the needle on the old bike but can't remember for the life of me what setup I was running. The seller doesn't really sound like he knows anything about jetting so I assume he hasn't adjusted it. What jets should I have handy to start? BTW, I can get the jetting myself--I've just been through so many bikes I can't remember #s. I'm at sea level-1500ft

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
I have a combo of Works Connection rad braces (behind) and MSR rad guards (out front). The braces were on the bike when I got it. I would go Devol if I was starting with nothing.

yater

Nov 7, 2003
Good thinking. Where can I get the best deal on a shop manual? I don't have a dealership within reasonable driving distance right now

fastkdx220

Oct 19, 2004
FRP Bar Clamp is a must have, there will be no more tweaking of the bars when you wreck. Best cheap add on I bought for my KDX. Anytime I have the chance to but form Fredette I do it. He has done so much for our sport and the KDX.

Kevin

yater

Nov 7, 2003
BLH--I have had kdx's in the past and have used CD's website countless times as reference. I haven't picked this bike up yet and won't have much time to get it ready for riding (x-mas weekend)-hence all the questions.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…