AP2008

Jan 31, 2008
Hey people my names Adam, Firstly I want to apologise if I'm breaking any forum rules, but yes I am a Newbie, Nubie, Newbe???

Anyways, I need some help, last night I took my bike out to a track for a ride and after a warm-up (the bike not me) the bike started to slowly stall on me, then when I tried to start it again, it just wouldn't fire up.

So It would be supa dupa if somebody could give me some suggestions on what might be wrong. I could easily take my bike down to the nearest garage, to get it looked at, but I'd like to have a hit at it myself, if its reasonably easy.

So yea, any replies are hugely welcome!!!

Peace

AP2008

Jan 31, 2008
Yea ive got plenty of fuel in it and Ive only recently put a new irdium plug in it. Thanks

The bike was fine, but it seems to have happened after I gave it a harsh clean with a water blaster, for some good pictures. I don't know what that might have caused??

AP2008

Jan 31, 2008
Yea, I've got a manual and I've been looking through it this morning, but I just don't know where to start.

At the moment Im cleaning my airfilter and trying to dry out the airfilter box/compartment, because I might have got water into that part of the bike.

I've also looked all over the bike for anything irregular but it all looks fine.

What would cause my bike to cut out after it had been running for a while?

AP2008

Jan 31, 2008
Success!!!

Well I got it started and was able to ride it through the gears. I left the airfilter off and it seems to have made the difference. I rang my mate and he said that he may have been just a bad mixture of air and fuel.

So yay! problem solved, end of thread.

Thanks to the two dudes that replied, I'll buy you a drink one day.

Good day!

Kiaora

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
You most likely got water in the carb. Pull the small cap on the bottom of the float bowl and drain the carb. If you have compressed air, blow a little air in the bottom of the float bowl to dry out the jets.

It's best to remove the jets and clean them out. Be careful with your pressure sprayer around the carb, wheel bearings and all bearing and seal areas.

Posts like this should go in the Two-Stroke Discussion forum. Since your a newby, we'll let ya slide. ;)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
AP2008 said:
Success!!!
Well I got it started

Never mind. :cool:

Looks like we posted at the same time.

It's also a good idea to cover your air filter with a plastic bag before using a pressure washer on your bike. I would still drain the carb.

Top Bottom