AirtimeMosely

Dec 29, 2004
I have a woods 04' CR125R. It has a FMF Q, Acerbid hand guards, soft suspension settings and Im planning on getting a V-force 3. I only ride woods trails and hairscramble type stuff. Mine fouls plugs like nobody's business. I've had it for about a year now and can finally ride it hot enough in the woods to cut down on how many plugs Fowl. I've gone one down on the pilot, a size smaller needle, and one leaner on the main. The funny thing is she still likes to foul plugs just warming up. If i'm not game and don't ride it like a bat out of hell in the woods, she fouls in a heartbeat. But if i'm out in my feild she goes white really quick. I've just had to adjust my riding and learn to deal with it. It's made me a far better rider than i could have imagined I'd be though. My dad's doing a big "I told you so for buying a two stroke" sitting on his brand new 05 CRF250X. But hey, the only reason I got a new bike was because it was less than four grand!!!!! OOOYYYAAA!!!!!

I run BR9EG plugs and run 32:1 HP2 premix. I don't want to burn my engine up you see. I'm thinking about switching to Yamalube 2R, going to the stock jetting, running BR8's and going from there.

:cool: Good idea? :coocoo: No? :nod: Yes? Please Help!!!

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
I would try the 8 plug , and watch it to see if the jetting needs to be leaner still....I dont think youll gain anything by using a different oil.

AirtimeMosely

Dec 29, 2004
I've heard that Yamalube 2R oil is one of the most leanest and most easy burning synthetic oils. Maybe it will burn off easier. Will a Hotter plug make much of a difference?

04cr_rider

Nov 16, 2005
Same bike, same problem. I have a 400 main (2 sizes leaner), stock everything else (you may want to go leaner on the needle clip by going to the second clip). I have a PC pipe and silencer. Honda HP-2 at 32:1 was too rich for me, so you could try 40:1 (what the local honda shop recommended) or try amsoil or motul. I would take amsoil 10 times out of 10, but motul is good, too. run it 50:1 (trust me, I thought the same thing too, but it is good). Also i have to run the 8 plugs, i have not fouled mine in 9 months, but you can stick a new 9 in and i will foul it before you can sneeze. I ride woods alot, so every now and then when riding I have to ring it out. Try WD-40 to take the spooge from your bike. I have some out the silencer all the time. Hope this helps, i live in humid tennessee at about 1000 ft. elevation (close to Loretta Lynn's).

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
It seems to me you may want to consider running a leaner pilot, it doesnt sound like the main jet is the problem, you maybe even a tad lean on the main.

Top Bottom