Help Please!

redrider50

Dec 22, 2002
OK,

I have a 2002 CR 80 and I am very happy with it. My only question is that when I go from closed to almost closed throttle to a heavy dose of it, the power never comes on quick unless I'm high in the RPMs. I also seem to have an excess of oil coming out of my pipe sometimes. Could this be do to a rich pilot jet (the bog with the quick throttle twist)? Any help with this would be appreciated.

redrider50

Dec 22, 2002
Actually, I dont even have to twist the throttle that hard. It just seems I have to wait for the power to come on or give a little clutch work.

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
sounds like a normal cr80 to me. your jetting could be off but remember these bikes have no power valve so you need to rev it high to get to the meat of the ban.

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
where is the oil coming out? if you have a spark arrestor on your bike, it could be couse. spark arrestors tend to trap oil because of the screen in there. as far as your power problem, that also sounds pretty normal to me for a cr 80. they need to be ridden on the powerband to make good power.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The cr80's leak out of the exhaust manifold area. They just do. Buy a new gasket if you wish. It will hold from 10 to 15 seconds. #0 minutes if you use rtv sealer. Very poor design.

Great bike, however. The one I worke don pulled aholeshot last week at a local race. I darned near filled my drawers.

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
I have the exact same bike. There isn't a problem. Thats just the way the CR80's are. There is no low end it is all just top end. The only way to get power is to keep the RPM's up in the powerband.

mxchamp85

Apr 26, 2003
Whats up Kev Ziggs this is MC#12. Seriously what i would do, if just go up 2 teeth on the spocket in the back, and one down in the front. That helped like crazy on me RG's and hunters bike. To me thats a simple and easy way to get rid of the bog

AO Rider

May 3, 2003
I have a bit of this problem as well make sure that the bike is fully warmed up or it wont get as quick a throttle response, and I have the problem with the oil to, my first thought was that the jetting was to rich so I have to still get around to that but try the jetting thing, it might work.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…