Help with CRF250X Motor Problem

CRFSRULE

Nov 19, 2005
I own and enjoy riding my 250x it has been great and at 69 hours I had the top end rebuilt that included new piston,rings,pin,clips,valves shimmed etc by my dealer. Any way I have now done 4.5 hours on rebuild and all of a sudden it has dumped all the engine oil into my air box what a mess can this happen???? there is no oil in the engine dont know how it was still going the air filter weighed about 2 kilos and still trying to get it cleaned up it was fine till my dealer did the top end can any body help is this my dealers problem and does anyone know what has happend for it to do this, faulty or broken rings maybe and what other damage has this done I need to know as much as can before I talk to my dealer. :( :(

CRFSRULE

Nov 19, 2005
Yeah I wondered that but the tranny oil is all there, took it to dealer it has them stumped so they were going to talk to Honda and try and sort it out. The crankcase breather is all fine and had little oil in it they said that is normal. The worst thing about this problem is you dont know its happening when you are riding so you are riding a time bomb or should I say a money pit bomb, what guts me is I am critical with all my maitanance with it. Went to dealer on Friday payed $800.00 top end bill then back in on Monday for more money :bang: :bang: I love the thumpers and I am thinking of going for another brand I love the RMZ 450s but look at the Kawi 450 awsome I cant decide,what do you guys reckon I have ridden the CRF450R :ride: and what a bike it hauls ass but now there are others out there now.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
You need to measure the Amount of oil that goes in the trans, then after you ride it measure exactly what comes out, We would only loose 4-8 ounces of trans oil at a time and it made a mess of the air box / valves etc..

Good Luck..

CRFSRULE

Nov 19, 2005
:fft: Got bike back from dealer its all sweet they say oil got into the breather then caused a vaccum to remove about 300mls of oil inro air box stiil a bit worried they said it must have been on a steep angle for oil to get into breather these are motor cross bikes they end up upside down all over the place on the track ,next time I might not be as lucky it might seize next time. Going riding tommorrow I am going to watch closely. Thankyou for your replys and help. :) :)

Top Bottom