help with first bike please

bonezsz90

Apr 9, 2008
) your physical size 5'7.5" 103lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Medium
3) what do you plan to ride- woods, trails, fields, with friends.
4) Do you have any riding experience? yes
5) Do you think you will race ? sometimes
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Changing oil spark brakes tires stuff like that only
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? looksing for honda, yamaha, suzuki, kawasaki.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Yes many but not sure what they carry
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? 3,500 or less
10) Do you live in California? No, I live in louisiana
11) Your age? 17

This is going to be my first bike i purchase, i want one thats going to run well with less problems, looking mainly for a motocross bike like a cr85 or kx100 somthing around that or more.

bonezsz90

Apr 9, 2008
Ktm?

i found a ktm dealer near me and was wondering if ktm brand is better than yamaha or honda? i was looking at their 105 2stroke and looks pretty good. what do yall think about this, if not im going to get the 85 expert from honda or the yz85 from yamaha. please leave more than one suggestion.

Apr 30, 2007
Your frame (leg length arm length etc.) is going to be too big for a CR85 Expert or YZ85...

The KTM 105 might be a good starting bike for you, but I'd really suggest an older Honda CR 125. The KTM parts are quite a bit more expensive, and you will be able to find a used CR125 for much cheaper than a 105.

MSB22

Feb 19, 2008
i rode a Kawasaki for a year and a half and went to a KTM...and I've loved every minute of it...from the high riser bars to the overall look...the Ktm just feel so much better and smoother...prob wouldn't go back...Never really rode Honda or Yamaha...or Suzuki though so...but I'll give KTM a thumbs up from my experience

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…