Help!

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
Ok, I finally convinced my mom to jump on the wagon and get a bike to ride with me :cool:

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) 5'3
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? 6/10
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? woods, fields
4) Do you have any riding experience? yes, when she was younger
5) Do you think you will race ? Maybe?
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? myself and my grandpa are
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? nope
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? yep
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? $1500
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age? 38
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion.

She needs a low seat height because shes short lol, thats about it

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
Yea, thats what I was thinking but I wanted to get some more experienced advice :) Do you think we can put a headlight on it? Are there any other bikes that would work?

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Wow you have quite a mom! Maybe even race? I suspect that you might be wishing a bit much there. It will be great if it happens but you should consider yourself lucky that your mom would even consider getting on a bike.

Like Xpredator said, the TTR-125 would be a great bike for a beginner. You indicated that she had some experience when she was younger so maybe even a TTR-230 would be good for her. These bikes should come with a headlight. The seat height would be low enough for her and the electric start would probably be much appreciated.

Now, on the off chance that she thinks these bikes are for sissies..... then maybe a YZ-125. Much more suitable for racing. It isn't the easiest bike to learn on, however, and if she doesn't push it a little she might end up fouling plugs frequently.

Rod

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
well she said that not me lol and if she did just little offroad stuff nothing like mx

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I would imagine if you get an electric start ttr that doesn't have a headlight, adding one would be very easy. I'm sure your grandpa could get it rigged up.

My wife is 5'4" and rides a ttr125L.

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
Ok, thanks Joe, and im sure he could having built two planes :whoa: lol i want to do stuff like that when im older but the attention to detail is crazy!!! :yikes:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
jackflack44 said:
Ok, thanks Joe, and im sure he could having built two planes :whoa: lol i want to do stuff like that when im older but the attention to detail is crazy!!! :yikes:

That's what it's all about.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…