Here is the announcement on outdoor MX broadcasts

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
racerx

May 18, 2005

2005 AMA MOTOCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTED BY FMF TO BE AIRED ON OLN
- press release -

PICKERINGTON, Ohio (May 18, 2005) -- AMA Pro Racing announced today that the 2005 AMA Motocross Championship Presented by FMF will be telecast on OLN.

In making the announcement, John Farris, AMA Pro Racing Vice President of Commercial Development, said OLN will be a great home for AMA Motocross. “OLN is building a strong reputation as a network committed to high quality action sports,” said Farris. “From coverage over the past two years of the AMA Supermoto Championship to such varied programming as the Tour de France and the Dakar Rally, OLN has created a unique niche in sports TV. We’re glad to be associated with the network.”

Former AMA Motocross and AMA Supercross champion David Bailey makes his return to the announcer’s booth. “We’re thrilled that David will hosting our coverage,” said Farris. “His experience as a racer coupled with his overall knowledge of the sport is unparalleled.”

The 2005 AMA Motocross Championship kicks off on Sunday, May 22 with the Hangtown Classic from Sacramento, Calif., and finishes on Sept. 11 at Glen Helen Raceway Park in San Bernardino, Calif. The 12-round series visits some of the most historic motocross venues in the U.S. and adds a new stop on the schedule with the July 24 event in Lakewood, Colo. The 250 class races will generally be telecast on the following Saturday with the 125 class races airing on the Thursday after that. Exceptions will be made in the month of July to accommodate OLN's Tour de France coverage.

"AMA Motocross is a great addition to OLN's arsenal of action sports programming," said Marc Fein, Senior Vice President of Programming and Production. "It's got all the action, adrenaline and competition OLN viewers crave."

:yeehaw: :yeehaw:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
:yeehaw:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I too will be happy to see Bailey back in the booth. :aj:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
would be nice if I could watch it Maybe sometime in the next 20 years we will finally get OLN :|

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Yeah... I like to have a good 2 hours of mx racing to watch... Allows me more time for beer drinking and pizza eating... So they are showing the 250 class the "following Saturday"?? Does that mean we have to wait a whole week after each race before we can watch them?? That kinda sucks...

- B

Top Bottom