Hi from NC

med511

Mar 11, 2005
Hey all. Just joined. I live in NC and have been racing MX for 24 years. Currently I am going the vintage route and own a 1980 RM400 and an '82 RM465. Having a blast playing with these old things. This is an awesome forum. I've already had many questions answered.

Thanks, Mike Edwards

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the Southern Spodes forum for opportunities to hook up with fellow DRNers.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I think we're riding at Thunder Valley, Yadkinville NC this weekend.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
ride ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rd)
v. rode, (rd) rid·den, (rdn) rid·ing, rides
v. intr.
To be carried or conveyed, as in a vehicle or on horseback.
To travel over a surface.

Notice I didn't say I would be "racing" nor did I imply that I would be demostrating impressive MX skillz. Traveling over a surface fits, sometimes I do it without the bike.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
tump 1 (tmp) KEY

VERB:
Chiefly Southern U.S. tumped , tump·ing , tumps

VERB: tr.

To overturn. Often used with over: You're about to tump that thing over.

VERB: intr.

To fall over. Often used with over: Is that wheelbarrow going to tump over?

ETYMOLOGY:
Probably akin to tumble

med511

Mar 11, 2005
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm Mike Edwards from Asheville, NC. 36 years old. Married with 2 kids(Logan 6 and Lindsey 4). Have been racing MX since 1981. Quit when Lindsey was born. Little girls do strange things to dads. Recently started back on the vintage/post vintage scene. Currently have a 1980 RM400 and a 1982 RM465. I work as a Firefighter for the City of Asheville. Been doing it for 11+ years. Full time Driver. Best job in the world...driving firetrucks as fast as they will go for a living. :) Another hobbie a play around with is Radio Controll racing. I race 1/10 scale electric and nitro oval(Nascar type) cars. That's pretty much me I guess.

Thanks, Mike

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Hey Mike!

You need to get together and ride with us sometime. We usually ride near Charlotte or Augusta.

med511

Mar 11, 2005
Sounds good. Where do you guys normally go? I went to TNT in Chester week before last. Nice place.

Mike

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I think we are "planning" to ride at TOP GUN, Iron Station NC on Saturday. They are open about 8:30-2:00.

I don't think any of us have settled on plans for Sunday yet.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
We normally ride at TNT, Turkey Creek, and Aonia.

With the weather this week, I don't know if we'll make it out this weekend.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…