High Compression top end Gasket set?

Vaulta

Jan 19, 2004
Iam looking to get a top end gasket set and saw two different kinds for my 1999 KDX200 and was wondering if thier was a difference. Should I get a high compression one or does it not make a difference. thanx
vaulta

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Where did you see it offered at?
I play around with engine parameters often and think higher compression can improve your low end and mid range power. The down side is you may have to put in one size bigger main jet but that's no big deal.
I think you should try it.

KDXNick

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 2002
How much more compression are you talking? Yeah, you might have to change the jetting a bit, but that's no biggie. You usualy have to do that anyway seasonaly for late fall/early spring vs. summer riding. I'd be more worried about the octane upgrade. Typicaly higher compression engines demand higher octane ratings. Thats one of the main reasons that I have stayed away from mods that increase compression. I love to race, but unfortunatly I can no longer invest the time or money to compete in the season full time. When I did, I ran a high-compression head and gasket; but I also paid $30-$45 for 5gal. of race gas. This combo does boost preformance a bit (and your exhaust smells like you're standing behind the gate at a National Outdoor), but it sucks if you do a 300mi. long weekend with your friends. I switched back to a stock head and gasket, running 100 octane for races and 94 for everything else.
-Nick

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
Im not sure, but did he mean would there be a difference if he used the high compression gaskets without the compression mods?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…