bentbars

Nov 9, 2004
i have some pieces of this high tech plastic leftover from a project at work. it is super hard, teflon impregnated so it is super slick, and high temp resistant. supposed to withstand up to 350 degrees. the piece I have is 1foot by 8 feet, by 1/2 inch. i was thinking maybe a skid plate? any ideas on an application?

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
If it's polypropylene it will make a melted mess as a pipe guard. Do you know what type of plastic it is? There are very few plastics available that will hold up to pipe heat. I do plastics for a living and I can tell you that "heat resistant" is relative to what kind of heat it is supposed to be subjected to. "Heat resistant" DOES NOT mean heat proof. It may hold up to 350F without melting but sag could become an issue. For an example...Your fender (polypropylene) may not melt at 350F but it will deform.
A skid plate / glide plate makes more sense.

bentbars

Nov 9, 2004
i guess this stuff is designed to be used in dump truck beds. when hauling hot asphalt, it prevents it from sticking to the bed. not sure how hot my exhaust runs, 300-400 degrees?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom