Higher handlebars for KDX200 (not expensive)

alisawildman

Feb 6, 2004
Would like to know if anyone knows the type of handlebar i need to get and the reasonable price for said item.
I'm 6' tall and standing for any length of time on pegs would be "reaching" so to speak. Don't mind ATV bars or whatever but just want higher bars that will work on the KDX and that are not too expensive.
Thanks for any reply about this.
AL

Roland C

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2002
I'd say get on the web and start looking for handlebar dimensions. Rocky Mountain has a pretty good comparison chart in their catalog. I've gone with Tag X5 bars (CR high bend) and like them really well. They are a little more expensive - in the $65 range or so if I remember right. Just make sure the outer diameter of the bars you want to get match your clamps (i.e. Renthals fat bars and some others won't work without getting bigger diameter handlebar clamps). Also make sure the width is wide enough to get all your mounting stuff back on. Many people cut the bars down a little for tight woods riding and I have heard of some that cut too much off and had trouble getting everything back on. Hope that helps.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
MSR Dominator Bars--Use the Mini High bend and it is high enough and narrow enough that you will not have to cut it down to ride in the woods, but it might be too narrow for MX or desert. Only $33.99 plus frt from Rocky Mtn. Cheers John

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
Looked up Moose mini bend bars and they are 2.7" pull back 5" high 28.5" wide 4.7" base width. Any comments on running bars this size on a KDX or other full size bike for mostly tight woods single track? Average 6' size guy.

Last edited:

alisawildman

Feb 6, 2004
Thankyou for the awesome bar info all.
I have some very good leads from this and can proceed with a more informed prospective.
Thanks!!!!
AL

Top Bottom