chuk321

Feb 6, 2006
help identify rm 125 year

I just bought a rm 125 (no title) and was told it is a 96 but cant tell for sure. The tag behind the front fender is pretty much gone, any other way to find year, any easy differences from 95 down to 96-2000. I don't want try to buy parts and get the wrong stuff. Any help would be great. pretty much sure its 96+ but still would like to know year for sure

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
The motor should have a serial # on it somewhere. You could cross reference from there. . . Although it could have a different year motor for all I know.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Unless it's different in the USA our Suzuki's have the 17 digit VIN stamped into the frame on the steering tube. Post the Vin and we can tell you the year.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Chili said:
Unless it's different in the USA our Suzuki's have the 17 digit VIN stamped into the frame on the steering tube. Post the Vin and we can tell you the year.

I think he's saying its not there anymore. Oddly, my '02 has the same missing VIN, and mine had title, bill of sale, etc. . .

It appears my frame was powder coated . . .

chuk321

Feb 6, 2006
17th vin

vin# js1rf15a1t2102049 Thanks if you can cross ref. The vin is there just not the info tag straight in front of the bike on steering tube. thanks for reply

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I know in 98 the RM125's had issues with footpeg mountings breaking off. I got our 98 in 99 from a local arenacross guy. The frame had been replaced by Suzuki, and you can tell the frame #'s were hand-punched. Perhaps if someone has no vin#.......that bike has been thru the same ordeal.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom