Home Video Editing

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Hello again everyone. Long time no see, I guess I have just been busy.

But right to the point, I finally have my video camera, firewire card and compter working all together and have started making videos.

I have been using ArcSoft "ShowBiz" to edit my movies but I think I need some more power. I also have Ulead 6 but don't care for it much.

Does anyone have any sugestions on editers, CoDecs, streaming rate, window size and anything else that may be of use?

I just finished my new video, it's on my site (see sig) and I encoded it with WMV8 CoDec and it seems to work well enough.

Thanks again everyone.

Lee W.
L85

YZBlue

Nov 4, 1999
I've been doing some editing myself. I'm dumping analog 8mm video to SVCD format. I use Pinnacle Studio 7 for everything and it seems to do a great job.

Take a look at www.vcdhelp.com if you haven't already. Many "how-to" articles and links great software for encoding etc.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
kev is right.... just bought "Premiere 6.5 for Dummies" book to help me with basics... will be using a friend's copy and studio over the next few weeks... for some editing of DW02 footage.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…