Homemade fork protection

knobbytracks

Oct 29, 2001
If anyone is interested in making their own fork protection, I've attached pics of mine. I used black 2" pvc pipe and cut and shaped with a Dremel tool. Measurements are 15' long with an 1 1/4" section cut the length of the inside. These will snap into place and no extra mounting hardware is needed.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Now that would be cool if we could link directly to your hard drive. Can't promiss we wouldn't play around a little while we were there though lol. You'll need to post the pics on a server before they can be attached/viewed.

I did the same thing a number of years ago. It works good. I used white built in vac tubing. Cost was about $4 for both.

David

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
reminds me of when we used hot wheels track as lower fork protectors,circa 1974?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hey bzck then that was TRICK!

Originally posted by thorman75
reminds me of when we used hot wheels track as lower fork protectors,circa 1974?

Oh my, I forgot about that one!

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
oww yeah fred i see youve been at this longer than you care to remember too.:think

bluevelo

May 24, 2001
Re: Fork guards

Hi Knobbytracks,

I'm interested in doing the same thing with the PVC pipe.
What do you mean by 2 inch PVC? Is that the diameter of the pipe?
Also what do you mean by cutting out 1 1/4 sections the length of the inside?
Do you mean cutting the pipe in half? Can you send me a pic of it if you can?

Thanks for your help,

Ken Gibson

Homemade fork protection
If anyone is interested in making their own fork protection, I've attached pics of mine. I used black 2" pvc pipe and cut and shaped with a Dremel tool. Measurements are 15' long with an 1 1/4" section cut the length of the inside. These will snap into place and no extra mounting hardware is needed.C:\My Documents\fork2.jpg

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…