Honda CT70 shifting question

dogmaste41

Jul 9, 2008
Hi i was wondering if anyone knows the pattern for shifting on a 1985 honda CT70. if so please contact me on mad_dog802@hotmail

Thank you

digifox

May 25, 2006
1 down
N-5 up

All bikes shift with the same pattern, At least everything i`ve seen

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
digifox said:
1 down
N-5 up

All bikes shift with the same pattern, At least everything i`ve seen

The CT-70 was a semi auto 3 speed, you need to see more bikes. I can't for the life of me recall the shift pattern on the one I rode.

digifox

May 25, 2006
Okkk that's just weird...

*looks at pic*
OHHHHH the old freakin mini-trail.

lol i didn't think anyone still rode those

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I actually had a full manual shift CT70....1970 maybe and I believe it was 1D / 3U. The semi autos I think were all up but it's been about 34 years since I rode that bike.

dogmaste41

Jul 9, 2008
thanks for all the help. it's my first dirt bike and I didn't know what the shifting pattern was. this should help me alot so thanks again

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You could also just take it out for a spin at slow speed and try it out. Once you reach top get it won't shift anymore and you can work your way back down the pattern.

dogmaste41

Jul 9, 2008
that's what i've been doing but each time i try playing with the gears, it sound like i'm doing something wrong

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Isn't that the model that if you hold the shifter down as for as it will go, it is in neutral till you let go and it pops up into gear? I was thinking all hondas old mini trail bikes were straight down shifters? Man do them stamped frames bend easy!

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
My friends CT-70 (with auto-clutch) is N-1-2-3 (where Neutral is down) And I'm posotive on that.
Don't know the year of it, but I don't know why they would change shift patterns between years? Unless its different with the auto-clutch and manual-clutch.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…