HONDA PILOT-part II

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Last Sunday night me and the missus traded in her Ford Exploder on a 2003 Honda Pilot EX-L. This baby is sweet! It seats 8, has dual air-conditioners, criuse, tilt wheel, power everything, leather, CD, DVD, AM/FM cassette, 3 headphone jacks in the rear passenger area plus two wireless headphones and a remote control for the rear entertainment system. You can listen to two CDs at once--one through the main system (6 speakers plus sub-woofer), and a second through the headphones.
It puts out 240 HP to the front wheels, and the back wheels lock in on demand, or manually in first and second gears. Transmission is a 5-speed auto.
Tow capacity is only 5000 lbs., which is plenty for hauling my utility trailer (bike hauler) around.
Fuel mileage is rated 18/22, and I expect it will probably get better since Honda is usually consevative on their #s.
The sales guy sats it's basically the same vehicle as the Acura SUV, with a Honda badge on it. Interior is very spacious, with almost identical #s as the Chevy Tahoe on interior demensions.
It seems a bit pricey until youprice the competition.
I sense a road trip coming soon! :) I'll keep you all updated as we break it in, and as soon as I get the hitch I'll give the tow report!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Yeah........Nice new ride...Congrats

Color?

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
It's a bronzish looking gold. It's the most luxurious vehicle I've ever owned to date. I hope she let's me use it to tow the bikes once I get a hitch on it!

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
Yeah we got a new car here too. GMC Savanna Conv. Van... This thing is great... I am 6'3" and I can lay completely flat in the back with the seat up. Towing Capacity 4800... More than a Suburban or Tahoe!!!

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
Towing capacity-

4800 is not more than a suburban or tahoe. They run around 6500 on a half ton and way higher on a 3/4 ton or bigger suburban.

It must be nice to have the room though.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…