ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Last Sunday night me and the missus traded in her Ford Exploder on a 2003 Honda Pilot EX-L. This baby is sweet! It seats 8, has dual air-conditioners, criuse, tilt wheel, power everything, leather, CD, DVD, AM/FM cassette, 3 headphone jacks in the rear passenger area plus two wireless headphones and a remote control for the rear entertainment system. You can listen to two CDs at once--one through the main system (6 speakers plus sub-woofer), and a second through the headphones.
It puts out 240 HP to the front wheels, and the back wheels lock in on demand, or manually in first and second gears. Transmission is a 5-speed auto.
Tow capacity is only 5000 lbs., which is plenty for hauling my utility trailer (bike hauler) around.
Fuel mileage is rated 18/22, and I expect it will probably get better since Honda is usually consevative on their #s.
The sales guy sats it's basically the same vehicle as the Acura SUV, with a Honda badge on it. Interior is very spacious, with almost identical #s as the Chevy Tahoe on interior demensions.
It seems a bit pricey until youprice the competition.
I sense a road trip coming soon! :) I'll keep you all updated as we break it in, and as soon as I get the hitch I'll give the tow report!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
It's a bronzish looking gold. It's the most luxurious vehicle I've ever owned to date. I hope she let's me use it to tow the bikes once I get a hitch on it!

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
Yeah we got a new car here too. GMC Savanna Conv. Van... This thing is great... I am 6'3" and I can lay completely flat in the back with the seat up. Towing Capacity 4800... More than a Suburban or Tahoe!!!

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
Towing capacity-

4800 is not more than a suburban or tahoe. They run around 6500 on a half ton and way higher on a 3/4 ton or bigger suburban.

It must be nice to have the room though.

Top Bottom