Honda pulls out of the AMA

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I guess "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" isn't working out to well....er, wait, Honda hasn't been winning! :p

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Suzuki and Subaru have both pulled out of WRC. Suzuki Canada has axed the support they give to the Suzuki "Factory" race team for the Canadian Nationals. It's gotta be a scary time trying to fund a Race team with other peoples money.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I wonder when GM is going to pull out of NASCAR?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Wow, maybe they will all resort to racing "stock" cars. There are plenty of those sitting around. :laugh:

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
hahaha. Honda has been talking about rocking a NASCAR! wouldn't surprise me. Man...it's scary times. Hope we hit the turn back upward in the economy in the more near future...but I doubt it. Oh well....I can always ride MY Honda!haha

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Wolf said:
I actually have not read, or heard, anywhere, that "Honda pulls out of the AMA," yet.

I have heard that they are not running their own, in-house factory roadrace team this year. Neil Hodgson will still be running a Honda Suberbike, built by AHM, for the Erion Honda Team or the Corona Honda team. This is quite a bit different than "pulling out of the AMA."

'AMA Pro Racing' is no longer owned or operated by the AMA. The only association 'AMA Pro Racing' has with the AMA is that they still require racers & crew to belong to the AMA.

Not unprecidented, though. The US Japanese importers did the same thing in 1987 & 1988.

AMA Pro Supermoto has been commercially unsuccessful, despite the good racing that has occurred. Hopefully Gavin Trippe and Troy Lee, who are collaberating to run it in '09, can make it more profitable, and get more exposure for it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…