How are the 250F's in the woods?

Brad V

Jul 4, 2007
im just wondering how are 250F's in the woods? i got a 230 right now and for the woods its good, but rippin around its pretty slow. its a 2003, so i dont know if the newer models got any more power. it seems like its good 1st- 3rd, and then 4th and up the acceleration just vanishes. so im lookin for a 250 four stroke eventually. I heard they're fast, and im lookin for a better suspension on a bike so im thinkin eventually a 250. But im just wonderin how they are in the woods, cuz i like the woods, and wanna start ridin mx. thanks

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
A 250f is great for woods. The race models have light flywheels, so they stall easier in the tight stuff. You can get heavier flywheels or weights to help this. I ride mostly woods with my 250f and it does great. The suspension is a bit stiff as well, but I'm gonna live with it until I can scratch up some cash to it reworked.

Brad V

Jul 4, 2007
thanks guys. i wanna do those mods but the carb is pretty intimidating. when i get some one to help me out with more mechanical know how, ill tell ya guys how it turns out.

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
I have a WR250F and it has done great on the tight trails. Recently I put in a rekluse, and it made the tight trails even more fun to attack. When properly adjusted, the Rekluse keeps the engine running while you are sliding into a corner, and lets you power out just a little quicker. The 250, in my opinon, is really well suited to the tight trails. Not too heavy, and plenty of power to jet down the trail.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…