How big of a bike should I get?

Mezmerize

Aug 11, 2008
I'm looking at some 125 or 150cc bikes and most of them are 32 inches from ground to seat. I'm about 5'8 and growing. All I'm really using the bikes for are cruising around no racing or anything. I'm not sure if 32 inches is too small or just right. Thanks.

1) your physical size: 5'8 - 5'9 110 lbs - 120 lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you: I'm pretty aggressive
3) what do you plan to ride: Fields trails and woods
4) Do you have any riding experience: I've been riding a Yamaha big wheel the past few years
5) Do you think you will race: No
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work: Kind of. And if I have to I will
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice: Nope
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry: I was looking to buy used.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike: 0-$1500
10) Do you live in California: No
11) Your age: 14

Last edited:

Slipzz

Jul 2, 2008
I just picked up a CRF 230F used for $1500...and i love it, u can trail ride or u can jump with it. I'm 6' and weigh 140lbs. But if ur gona grow id say ur better off to just get a bigger bike. Only bad thing is the bike weighs 250lbs. Kinda heavy, but good for just riding around.

Mezmerize

Aug 11, 2008
Thats a little big for me. CC wise. I'm not sure why but my dad wants me to get a 85cc and I was looking at Yamaha YZ85 but I'm in need of money. If anyone can tell me about the YZ85 like the pros and cons that would be great.

Slipzz

Jul 2, 2008
That was my old bike, btw i'm 15......it's got the zip and everything..it's a great little bike, doesn't weight a lot. But getting a used one be careful not to get one that was raced. They run them HARD in the races..u'll have a lot of problems with it if it was raced.

wali2408

Aug 8, 2008
if you dont feel comfortable with a 230 then i would go with a 150f that would be a good bike for riding around trails

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…