How can you deal with photo grey glasses?

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
I was taking outdoor portrait shots of my teenage daughter and her glasses were dark. Is there a way to deal with this without taking the glasses off?

Here is an example.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Usually when we're shooting people outdoors and someone has those type of glasses on (which I also wear) we ask them to stash them away in a pocket or purse for a few minutes. Then we have them quickly put them on when we're ready to shoot (before the glasses have darkened). This works pretty well if you're set up for a single shot like a family portrait, but if you're doing long term sessions with the same person outdoors it can be rough.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Good ideas but do not have photo shop.

I did not think it would be a problem because most of the time was overcast.

I like the idea of hiding them.

How would the pictures appear if the lenses were removed? Could you notice in the pics if they were missing.

I also thought about buying a cheap pair of reading glasses that looks similar.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
To eliminate glare or reflections, pro photogs. have used lenless glasses frames for years. I was instructed to borrow a set of frames for my senior pic. back in 1975. It works very well.

Sometimes I can notice the lack of lenses in movies, but I'm looking for that sort of stuff!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…