Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
So I work at a photography studio with my brother-in-law. We were hired yesterday to take some photos of an executive team on-location at the San Jose Arena/HP Pavilion (home of the SJ Sharks). We typically do some shots down on the ice, but they had flooring down for some recent concerts, so that didn't happen. We had also done shots in the past in some of their executive suites, but they were looking for something different. We had called to check in a few days before and they mentioned that they'd just do something up high.

Now, my bro-in-law and I are both pretty terrified of heights, but we figured the location wouldn't be anything too out of the ordinary. So we show up yesterday afternoon and meet our contacts. They took us up an elevator and walked us around the escalator to a side door. We popped through another door and found ourselves standing on the overhang that makes up the roof that you walk under as you enter the arena from outside. :whoa: It was about 30' deep and maybe 100' wide. There was no railing but there was some really handy black and yellow tape that marked the approach to the 30' drop if you stepped too far back. :ohmy:

This all wouldn't have been so bad...until I looked down. The entire floor was made up of a concrete grid with clear glass panels in it. So when you looked down, you looked straight down to the pavement outside the arena. I appeared to be the only one concerned about having 25 people standing on this thing.

I took a few snapshots to show you the environment. It doesn't look very intimidating by the shots, but I just couldn't get any closer to the ledge to get crazy with it.

(By the way, my brother-in-law isn't making a goofy face in the second pic. He just has a weird face.)

Attachments

• verthigh.jpg
    verthigh.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 146
  • wide.jpg
    wide.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 147
Top Bottom