How do you remove the bladder bit.

LEE BAXTER

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2002
How do you remove the bladder bit . I have just done a bush and seal renewal and did not strip the forks beyond that . I know the basics of fork dissamble but did not bother because it was not nessary.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Lee long time my UK buddy:)You have 2 choices-remove the bladder and RB(restictive barrier-washer under fork springs)the RB makes more difference IMO and is easier to remove-just remove the springs and remove the washer.To remove the baldder you need to remove the base valve(with a impact wrench or by using a 17mm allen key and a cartridge holding tool)then you will see the bladder-at the bottom is a ally housing-at the bottom of the housing is a snap ring that sits in a groove-push the alloy housing upwards by hand and use a sharp flat blade screwdriver to get behind the snap ring.Its really easier than it sounds.Then pull down tthe bladder.Set the air gap(oil level) at 100mm when rebuilding.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by marcusgunby
To remove the bladder you need to remove the base valve(with a impact wrench or by using a 17mm allen key and a cartridge holding tool)
OK Marcus I'm going in.....again. :) Do you guys have 17 mm hex on the base valve in the UK? The Canadian and US models are 14mm. Interesting.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…