How many "Gamers" do we have here???

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I must admit - I am totally addicted to Unreal Tournament. I try to play every day at lunch when I am in the office and sometimes after work just before heading home. I know it is a HUGE waste of time, but it is way too much fun!

Anyone else into 'puter games?

-jeffd "aka - a fragaholic"

Last edited:

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Why did you ask?!!!

I started with Quake 2 and got into that, I was even a great maper for it. I then jumped to Counter-Strike and Unreal Tournament. I quit those 2 and am now a full time Day of Defeat player.

Lee W.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by LWilson250
Why did you ask?!!!

Lee W.

I just wanted to see how many others shared the same sickeness! :confused:

So tell me about this "Day of Defeat"....

I might be looking for a new "fix". :eek:

-jeffd

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I pretty much bave up gaming when I got into bikes, about 3 years ago. I played mostly quake, not much q2. Some unreal, but only single player. unreal and ut dm didn't do it for me after the intensity of quake 1. I did play quite a lot of quake2 and 3 when I broke my collarbone though. All way too addictive :)

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
I'm a gaming veteran. Used to do alot of first person shooters, but moved more into strategy gaming. Lot's of RTS and turned based games such as Civ2 & Alpha Centauri (my all time fav). Right now Civ 3 is slowly draining the life out of me. Other games that have sucked countless days out of my life are Diablo I & II, Baulders Gate, various versions of SimCity type games, oh the list goes on.

Come to think of it, I'll go grease the chain on my bike.

matt

Anssi

May 20, 2001
I've been a gamer since I got my first taste of Pole Position at the local gas station.

I started out on the C64, and got my first PC in '98, playing anything from Doom to hard-core flight-sims. I got into Counter-Strike in a big way for over a year (I worked at a university with great connections and they must've though I was very eager to work when I routinely left at around midnight).

I got a real job later on, though, and don't play as much as I used to. Mostly racing games nowadays (GT3 on the PS2, Nascar4, SCGT and such on the PC). Every three months we have a LAN get-together at a big cabin(more like a place where they have camps for kids) or whatever where we have about 15 dudes playing for a weekend (Friday evening to Sunday).

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
UT here. Way too addicting and I'm suffering serious withdrawal.... my home machine blew chunks two weekends ago and I'm still in the process of putting it back together.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
My home computer is to out of date to run video games but I have become hooked on PS2.

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
UT is good, but with all the tracks you can download, Motocross Madness 2 will never get old. Besides if I cant ride outside I can pretend I am.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
UT has me hooked. There are countless maps and thousands of UT servers on the internet. I have lately gotten into the GMC maps (Giant Map Clan) where you are a tiny person in various settings. They have GMC maps for bathrooms, kitchens, master bedrooms, boats, etc. all with low gravity and enhanced shock rifles. One of the clans that runs a bunch of these giant map servers is the cbgb clan. It seems as if they are always rotaing maps and adding enhancements.

Too much fun!

Twinspar - that is a sorry excuse about your home PC being busted.
:scream:

You are just too skeered I'd frag ya good if we ever battled on a UT server!:p

-jeffd

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by jeffd
Twinspar - that is a sorry excuse about your home PC being busted.
:scream:

You are just too skeered I'd frag ya good if we ever battled on a UT server!:p

I don't believe it! Smack talk coming from a technology person that still doesn't have high speed internet at home. I guess you won't find out who is better until you get high speed at home. Some of us have to work during the day! :)

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by Anssi

I started out on the C64

My first computer was a VIC20! Oh man how computers have evolved. I think it had a whole 3.5k of ram, and a cassette tape drive to record programs written in BASIC. Those were the days, eh?

matt

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I started on the arcade when I was realy young. The first, first person shooter I played was Doom. Then on to Quake and Quake II. I play UT pretty often. I love to frag. Danman - A.K.A. - Chubby Fragger. My cable modem has been realy slow for about 3 weeks. Its killing me. I have not even had the urge to play for a couple of days. If I can't find a game with a Ping faster than 200 or so I usually don't bother. I don' t realy like the kitchen, bathroom maps to much, but they are fun if you like hide in the shadows and pick people off with the sniper rifle. Most of the those maps are to dark for me and I have the gamma cranked on my video card. I like the games with only the red plamsa guns or the sniper riffle only is pretty fun to.

Before I got my cable modem a bunch my friends would get together and drag our PCs over to someones house and have a LAN party. I also used to play blood with a bunch of guys after work on the LAN, but they found our server and made the Admin remove it :(

Has anyone of you gamers played "Return to Castle Wolfenstien"? Awsome game. I just can run it on my PC and I don't have the dough for the upgrade :(

Frag on :p

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
http://www.dayofdefeatmod.com

You MUST buy Half-Life to run this mod. Oh does it ROCK though. It's a WWII combat sim, most realistic FPS I have ever seen. The maps are mind blowing and if you have good speakers the sound will make chill your bones. Are those footsteps I hear? What just hit the floor? Is that someone realoading? Or maybe someone is breathing to hard... It is truly one game that you can't stop playing, it got "Mod of the Year" from PC Gamer magazine.

If you get this mod tell me, I play on the Holdouts server and my name is Horus.

Lee W.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by TwinSpar

I don't believe it! Smack talk coming from a technology person that still doesn't have high speed internet at home. I guess you won't find out who is better until you get high speed at home. Some of us have to work during the day! :)

What do ya mean no hi-speed internet? Heck my modem connects at a blazing 26.4k!

There are days when I work late (like the last 2 nights) and if you are feelin' lucky then look for me on some of cbgb dm servers. My nic is [sc]shadowcurse :p

Jh85

May 17, 2001
My name is Jared Harding.....I'm a fragaholic

No one still plays Quake 1 here?
Im usually on execpc.quake.sol.net:27511
quake.prozac.net
or
or
quake.ninjahackers.com
all of these are running Prozac CTF. pretty Addicting

I also picked up a copy of Tribes 2 which is really really good.
I should probablyget off my but and pick up Half Life, too. I've heard of DOD, it looks great. I heard there are new Quake and Doom games coming out. I think they're both running the same engine. Is this true?
-=Scuba Steve=- :)

Jh85

May 17, 2001
Jeez.
You guys should start a DRN clan for UT. That would be pretty nice. Seems that there are enough of us who play.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Been playing Jack Nicklaus golf online for a few years now. Currently play at MSN. network (JN6)

Jaybird at Cases Ladder

Byrd Man

Aug 24, 2000
UT DM junkie here. Play about every night and sometime during the day. I play with 2 groups of people. myunreal.com is the site I usually visit to chat about UT and trash talk about the games. My name on UT is Ditch Dr. If you see me you better run. Anybody want some?

Last edited:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by Jh85
Jeez.
You guys should start a DRN clan for UT. That would be pretty nice. Seems that there are enough of us who play.

How about changing my nic to {DRN}ShadowCurse? :)

No kidding - I saw a dm server @ motocross.com today when populating my server list!!!

Hey Okie - Care to host a UT server at DRN???:confused:

-jeffd

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I would like CS more if the maps didn't SUCK so much. I can't believe anyone got away with putting those maps on the net. Shameful...

Lee W.

Top Bottom